To help members obtain their economic objectives by promoting live racing, enhancing and preserving the integrity and image of the sport, and providing information to members and the general public about the sport and the significant economic impact of the industry by:
- Promoting harmony and cooperation among the member organizations.
- Encouraging and facilitating the transmittal of information among the organizations concerning issues dealing with the integrity of the sport.
- Disseminating informative and educational material directly and through member organizations for the benefit of the general public.
- When appropriate, acting as an advocate and mobilizing support for positions HTA may adopt on selected issues.
- Participating in industry activities, acting as liaison and cooperating as appropriate with other pari-mutuel organizations and regulatory bodies.Compiling and disseminating to the member organizations through reports, surveys, studies and seminars statistical, financial and operational information that can assist the members in decision making.
- Acting as a resource for current industry information for the general public, other industry organizations, horsemen, state regulatory and/or legislative bodies.
- Assisting member organizations in avoiding conflicts with horsemen, employees and others and assisting in reconciling disputes when such conflicts arise.
- Providing a continuing assessment of industry problems.
- Assisting member organizations to better position themselves to compete.